Viola Lopes, professional photographer for
Portraits | Business | Editorial,
based in Berlin
The general focus of my work is on portraits.
I am passionate about doing portraits and fascinated by capturing the personality and uniqueness of each person in front of my camera, preserved in a moment in time.
I am based in Berlin, but I am able to travel to meet my clients’ needs. My studio in Berlin is well equipped, however I mostly arrange photo shoots with mobile equipment at other locations.
I love photographic portraits, because they tell me something about the person.
What aspect in the photo will be emphasized depends on both, on the person and in which context the photo should appear. In conversation and through observation I can capture various aspects and characteristics.
With my photos I would like to show people not only their unique personality, but also tell own personal story.
PORTFOLIO (pdf) Viola Lopes:Download here
- Born in Cologne, Germany
- Photography Internship with Manfred Wegener/“StadtRevue“ and Assistences, Cologne
- Visual Communication & Photography studies at “University of Applied Sciences and Arts“, Dortmund, Germany
- Since 2002
- Participations in various group exhibitions in Germany, Portugal, Slovenia, Sweden and USA
- Degree with honours in Photography Diploma (FH-Diplom in Foto-Design) at “University of Applied Sciences and Arts“, Dortmund
- Since 2006
- Working as a freelance photographer
- Since 2007
- Lecturing at “AMD“, “Academy Fashion & Design“, Berlin
- Teaching assignment in Visual Communication at “AMD“, “Academy Fashion & Design“, Berlin
- Teaching assignment in Photography at “Akademie Deutsche POP“, Berlin
- 2017 – 03/2019
- Furthermore working as a freelance photo editor for Axel-Springer-Verlag and since 2018 also for FUNKE Zentralredaktion Berlin
- Since 04/2019
- Photo editor at dpa/Zentralbild in Berlin
- “Licher Fotopreis 2016: Mensch und Natur“, 2nd prize
- “ver.di-Kunstkalender 2014“, winner
Bundeskanzleramt / Die Beauftragte der Bundesregierung für Migration, Flüchtlinge und Integration, Volksbühne Berlin, Theatergastspiele Fürth, Nordharzer Staedtebundtheater, Eberstein-Schauspielagentur, Aufbau Verlag, Der Hospiz Verlag, Acoustic Music Books, StadtRevue Koeln, Hochschulmagazin StadtRevue, heimvorteil StadtRevue, Ostsee Zeitung, Europäische Märchengesellschaf e.V., Freizeit-und Breitensport Berlin e.V. (selection)
German (native language), English, Portuguese
I work for individuals, magazines and newspapers, agencies, companies and institutions.
Creative, professional, reliable and with great joy, I can carry out your order. I would be happy to advise you of possible options without any obligation. In a preliminary discussion, we can discuss the desired picture. We choose the location for the shoot for expressive, unique photos.
If required, I can involve professional partners such as make-up artists, graphic artists, image designers, web designers and filmmakers from my network.